Monday, April 11, 2005
Not a nice sunday
2day is sunday..well,as usual my mother n i go 2 church service..this morning,i chatted with my mum..I asked my mum whether i'm in a right track when i changed 2 another church..My mum said ask God whether i'm in a right track or not..During bible reading,the old testament is taken from Zephaniah 3:14-20..On that time,i flipped through it in my bible..God revealed me a verse that is Zephaniah 3:20..Then i found that,i'm in the rite track..After service,i approached my youth members in church..I tried 2 talk 2 them but they ingnored me n they started do not like me becoz i changed 2 another church n seldom go back 2 my own church yf..the leaders do not like me n what they told 2 me was really hurt my feelings..I really can't take it!when i backed home,i started 2 share my problem with syen..On that time,i was so down becoz why i am the 1 who being ignored by my church youth members...I really can't take it..I hope that Lord continue 2 strengthen me n i need ur prayers..Plz continue 2 pray 4 me..thanks..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey there... sorry i couldn't get back to ur msg sooner, cuz I was asleep when it came.
Neways, about the issue of changing church, it happens all the time. But don't get me wrong; I'm a firm believer in being faithful to the church u are planted in. However, there are times when our time in a certain church is up, i.e. if you find that you can no longer grow in that church, and you need to move on somewhere else where you can grow and reach your potential, or if God has called you off to another place. What I would advise you is to really seek Him and pray about it. And you know you have made the right choice when you begin feeling God's peace in your heart.
And regarding the issue of youth leaders, I can understand why they feel that way. Often times leaders feel insecure when their sheep leaves for another church; it's all part of ownership. But whether their response towards you is right or wrong, let God judge. But you on your side, you have done all you could to relate to them, and if the other party refuses to respond, there's nothing really that you can do. But of course, if you're thinking of switching to another youth group, the proper procedures need to be followed: consult your leaders and pastors and give them a good reason for your doing so, and after that get their blessing and leave. If you were to just leave like that, it could probably stem of misunderstandings.
So much for that. Please bear in mind that I'm not encouraging you into staying OR changing church. The choice in the end is yours. But I do urge you to really pray about it; His Word overrules all our opinions. And regarding relatonship with others, don't worry about how others may look at you or treat you. Just as long as you know you stand right before God, then everything else will come in secondary' "If He is for us, who can be against us?"
God bless.
Post a Comment