Monday, March 26, 2007

A Little Update On Myself

Well,here's just a short testimony on DC camp.

I had stopped youth camp since 2004.The reason why I stopped youth camp because whenever I attended youth camp,I'll be back with sorrow and rejection.The reason of feeling rejected because I can't cope myself into the group and I felt isolated.It really hurts because the passion and the fire within my heart when I attend youth camp has been shut.I wanna express my feelings to God also having a difficult time because the participants in my youth camp thought that I'm crazy. Well,I'm not saying that my previous church youth group was bad.I still love them and keep in touch with them.As I prayed to God for almost 3 years,tears have been shed.God answered my prayers.God opened a way for me and I joined Cutting Edge Youth.I never thought of joining Cutting Edge Youth till my mum approached me to go.Yet,I was not convinced because I don't want to leave my previous church youth group.Around end of January 2005,Kar Soon approached me to attend Cutting Edge Youth meetings.I skipped two years of DC camp because I wasn't touched yet to go for this camp.

This year,I stepped out with faith to go for DC camp this year.And I made a prayer to God that I go for this camp is for Him.God worked in my life as I attended this camp.God let me feel the warmness and peace as I went for this camp.He assured me that I won't be going back to home with rejection and sorrow.God gave me a wonderful group who worked together in unity.God gave me an opportunity to minister to others in the worship ministry during the camp and prayed for others during last night of altar call.This camp was indeed a blessing into my life.God healed my heart.When I went back home,this song has touched my heart and makes me I have the passion for the youth ministry and worship ministry too.

"I see a generation
rising up to take the place
with selfless faith,with selfless faith
I see a new revival
Staring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees,we're on our knees"

As the book of Joel said in Joel 2:28,

"And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh ;
Your sons and daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions."

This camp was indeed an awesome camp.God did work in my parents' life as I came back home.I thank God for what He has done in my results and decision making for my future!All glory to God!

No comments: